Saturday, January 7, 2012

Saturday Sipper: Sour Chocolate Raspberries

Welcome to the first 'Saturday Sipper' blogpost! I hope to bring you a fun new drink every saturday for your enjoyment! 

A few months ago, while perusing the flavored vodka selection at a local liquor store, something amazing caught my eye...Stoli Chocolat Razberi vodka!

There is a picture of a raspberry dripping with chocolate on the bottle, now who wouldn't want to drink that?!

At first I was at a loss for what to drink it with. Do I just go for it and drink it on the rocks? Make a white russian with it? (Btw...if you have some extra cals to spare, I think that would be amazing!) Mix it with soda water?

My first attempt was mixing it with vanilla seltzer. It was good, but sort of just ok. But I wanted to make something more yummy with it. It's sort of a weird flavor to match something with. Then I got on a kick with some other flavored vodkas, like Chocolate Whipped, Cucumber and Marshmallow, and sort of forgot about the bottle of Stoli Chocolat Razberri. Until today. Well last night, I like my vodka but not in the morning...not before a double barre session anyway.

Here is what I came up with!

Sour Chocolate Raspberries

1.5 oz Stoli Chocolat Razberi
Juice from a quarter of a lime
Juice from a quarter of a lemon (or you can use either a lime or a lemon!)
1 tsp brown sugar (or white sugar, or agave syrup)

*Approximately 120 calories

Fill a shaker with ice and shake it up! Strain into a martini glass OR in a glass with ice and fill with soda water. This should also be enough for to shooters if you please.

This recipe is much more tart than sweet. If you like things sweeter, you could substitute the lemon and lime juice for limeade or lemonade (I love Simply!), or you could add more sugar. The soda water also helps to cut some of the tartness :)


I hope you have a wonderful saturday! Cheers!!

3 comments:

  1. yum!! what a great mix...you should be a bartender ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll play bartender for you anytime LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That drink sounds absolutely what the doctor ordered :)
    I am all for healthy and satisfying cocktails :)

    I love the information that you offer throughout your entire site... keep up the awesome effort~

    ReplyDelete