Thursday, January 5, 2012

Vodka and Ice Cream

There are two things I always know that always make me happy: ice cream and vodka.

Lots of other things in my life make me happy too, but some days are just that much better if I get to enjoy a favorite vodka concoction and some yummy ice cream.

That being said....I have realized I can't eat and drink all the ice cream and vodka that I want (bummer!!). BUT if serving sizes are accounted for (and logged using myfitnesspal.com, or another website), and vodka is mixed with low or no calorie mixers, I feel like, yes, I can have it all :)

And, what makes extremely happy? Responsibly enjoying my vodka and ice cream (along with other treats!), while still maintaining a fit lifestyle.

In this blog I hope to share some health tips, fun recipes, pondering thoughts and maybe some motivation.

I'll leave with a quick, warm little recipe :)

Cheers!!

Minty Winter Warmer

Trader Joe's Candy Cane Green Tea (this is seasonal, but a peppermint tea would be good too!)
Pinnacle Whipped Vodka
Whipped Cream (optional)

Make a cup of Trader Joe's Candy Cane Green Tea
Add 1oz (or more or less!) of Whipped Vodka
Top with whipped cream

*Pinnacle Whipped Vodka has about 133 calories per 1.5oz pour
*Whipped cream: 15 calories for 2 tablespoons
*Trader Joe's Candy Cane Green Tea: 0 calories

2 comments: